Vilano Rampage Road Bike – Fixie / Single Speed review
At a jaw dropping prize of 180$ (approx. 180€ or 160£) this Florida based single speed beast is a perfect match for anyone looking for a good quality at a reasonable price. The urban geometry frame and 4 different color mixes are guarantees of many compliments when cruising streets on this beauty. The rear hub is a flip-flop which allows you to quickly change from single speed to fixed gear by simply flipping the rear wheel. A great addition from the manufacturer are wider (28c) tires for increased contact and control in urban settings.
Why are wider tires an advantage?
Wide tires can provide more comfort than narrow tires, all other things being equal.
With a larger chamber of air between you and the road, a wider tire allows you to drop the pressure without running the risk of a pinch flat (where the inner tube gets punctured as a result of being sandwiched between the wheel rim and the ground). The lower pressure increases the amount of cushioning you get from the road, improving your comfort. Simple as that.
- Fixed gear or single speed (flip-flop hub)
- Urban geometry 700c tig-welded Frame and Fork
- Forged Alloy Crankset w/ 46T replaceable chainring
- 45mm Double Walled Deep-V Anodized Wheelset with matching Anodized Hubs
- Free Platform Pedals Included
- Frame: Fixed Gear / Single Speed 700c Hi-tensile steel
- Fork: 700c 1 1/8″ Threadless
- Crankset: Forged Alloy w/ replaceable 46T Chainring
- Chain: KMC Z410 1/8″
- Cassette: 16T Freewheel & 16T Fixed
- Hubs: Flip Flop
- Rims: 45mm Deep-V profile Anodized
- Tires: 700c x 28c
- Brakes: Alloy Caliper Front & Rear
- Handlebar: Alloy Riser
- Saddle: Urban
- Seatpost: Alloy 25.4 x 300 mm
- Stem: Alloy 7°
- Pedals: Free Platform Pedals